“All roads lead to Rome”


Sunday 28 February 2010

Jury, Soccer Game, Walking Rome, and Janiculum Hill

Did alot this weekend! Had Jury on thursday, went well. Then right after most of us booked it to the soccer game, Roma vs. Panathinaikos. Roma lost, but the game was still pretty awesome! There were so many people there and the greek fans were crazy. They lit a flare when they scored. Took an hour long walk back to Navona.
Friday was also fun got to see some places i haven't got to see while in rome. We saw baths of Diocleatian, which is actually a church. It is the church were Vittoria Emmaule was married. It was pretty intense. Then we saw Santa Maria alla Quirinale. The church with the sweet coffered ceiling. I though is pretty cool. after that we went to the Caravaggio exhibit. It was intense. My favorite painting was the "taking of Christ". We went to termini to say good bye to a friend visiting. I was so tired by the time we got back that i napped, ate, and went back to sleep. It was a good day!
Yesterday, planned on being a lazy day, but ended up going for a long walk. I attempted to find the statue on the Janiculum Hill. We can see it from the kitchen window and i have been wanting to see it. I got a little lost, i ended up in the Palazzo Corsini, then i went to the Roman Botanical gardens. They were pretty but would be so much nicer when everything is in bloom. I left there, and finally made my way up the janinculum hill. It was a beautiful view. I want to see the gardens behind the hill at some point to.
Today I haven't really done very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment