“All roads lead to Rome”


Sunday 7 February 2010

Northren Italy Trip!

Florence

We got to flornece ok, dropped our stuff of, and went to the loreichin library. After that we went to the church of San Lorenzo.

Later that day we got to see the David!! he is beautiful and incredibly large. I also didn’t realize his eyes are actually hearts. He had beautiful hands as well.

The next day we went to the Uffizi gallery and saw the painting of venus which was pretty sweet. Also made friends with the Italian man making my sandwich! He was so adorable and nice!!

Venice

We took a boat in Venice to San Marco it was awesome we sketched there too. We had lunch at this very nice little Italian place hah well they are all Italian I guess. went to a museum It was the peggy Guggenheim museum. They had Picasso and Jackson Pollock and Rennes Magritte.
Next day we got early and we went to see the fish market at rilato. After that we got to go into the tower in San marco. It was a beautiful view of Venice. When we got down we ended up making the letters CUA on the ground and andrew stayed on re tower and took our picture. But unfortunately the police yelled at us…. haha

In Vincezia we went to villa rotanda! Which was so amazing and apparently
It is still used as a summer house. We did end up making snow angels!!! After that. We walked around the city and saw this near arcade that was 10 bays in each set so that when u walked to the church you can say the rosary. Neat!! Then we did some sketching and saw this sweet theater. It was called theater olympico. And it had this permanent set that was in a perspective. Pretty cool looking. So depending on where you stand in the theater the perspective is different.. After that we played soccer with almost everyone. The police came by and they were so nice. They just wanted to know who was winning and they were happy to see us and then this little Italian couple came by and started talking to he they gave collin a hug and kiss and said that they love Americans. Haha. They let us play with their dog for a little to. Her name was Stella and she was so cute and it pretty much made my life. I really liked this city because the people were really nice and it was unusually quiet for a city. It actually kind of reminded me of home a little and is probably why I liked it so much. It also has been the only city we have been to that made me feel like I wasn’t Italy which was nice and different.
The next day we got up wary and went to Verona. Verona was interesting. We first saw another scarpa building which was pretty awesome I had this really sick staircase and scarpas details are amazing. I think I am going to buy one of his books off amazon. Then we wet to juliets balcony which was another interesting adventure. There are all these love notes posted there and I mean like an entire wall of paper on paper it was sick. After that we went to castle vecchio. It was like a real castle with a mote. We got to walk on the top part and that was neat. We also had I sketch a detail while we were there. I did a few things. After that we left to go Milan. I am not a fan of Milan. It is the new York city if Italy and it is dull. I don't like it. After we to here me Hillary anna monika and laura went for sushi. It was so good. Mostly because it was different from what I had been eating for the past month.
Milan

We went to como in the morning and saw a pretty sick building. Only it was a military building so half of us could go in at a time. Which was ok because the other half of us went for coffee. Then we did some walking around. It would have been more awesome had it not been a blizzard out it just would have been prettier. Then we went back to Milan and went to the duomo. It was so beautiful inside. But it almost felt like we were outside. After that we got to see the last supper by di Vinci. It was the most fascinating piece of artwork I had ever seen. I think it was because it was so large and I hadn't expected that. I also didn't know about all of the things that had happened to it. Like or example it was a barn were the wall frescos is hung. And someone made a door in the wall, cutting or jesus' feet. But or was just amazing.

The next day I woke up feeling really sick. But I am starting to feel better now though.

We came back to Rome, and i unpacked, and went to sleep.








No comments:

Post a Comment